Thursday, March 7, 2013

Korea Trip: First Day

Hello!

After a month has passed since my korean trip, I finally decided on posting about my korean trip. Excuse me if I'm going to disappoint you about it because my korean trip is anything but exciting for a fan girl. So, put your fan girling mode off and just read this as a 'noob' traveller mindset.

Oh yeah, just so you know, this is the first time I plan a trip by myself and the first time we (siblings) go on a trip on our own without our parents. (Well, actually we went with our father but our father went with a trip, so we were free travellers, because we planned things on ourself instead of following the trip. basically?)

I took Air Asia flight to go to Korea, and my flight was supposed to be at 1AM. So our cousin picked us up from our house and we arrive at LCCT at around 9PM. A few minutes after our dad arrived and after we manage our luggage since some of our luggage exceed the weight dad bought, we were told that our flight was delayed until 5AM. So lucky, right? Look at what we did in our free time while waiting for the flight



Afterwards, some of us sleep or of course, charge our phone. The gate opened at 4:30AM or somewhere around that time. So by the time we get on the plane, all we can think of are just 'SLEEP'. Since the flight was about 7 hours, we arrived at around 1pm. maybe?

So when we arrived there, the tour my dad took have agreed on sending us to the airport, so we didn't have any trouble on getting to our hostel. Oh, we stayed at Hi! Seoul Youth Hostel which is in Yeongdeungpo. Since we arrived quite late, we cancelled a lot of things in our itinerary.

After checking in, we decided on just going to Yeouido Park to go on the cruise (Han Gang Cruise). So from the hostel we stayed at, we took the subway from Yengdeungpo Market to Yeouinaru Station, didn't transfer to other line since our destination is on Line 5 as well.

When we arrived at Yeouido Park, it was around 5pm, so the sun was setting down already. Forgetting the cold, we took a picture of the sun setting and it was really pretty.



When we were on the cruise, we took pictures of bridges, there were a lot of bridges actually. I didn't take lots of pictures because it was very cold!


We took lots of pics of ourselves as well. XD I don't know about my other siblings because when we were turning around, I actually slept for a few minutes because I was really tired.

Afterwards, we went to have our dinner, it's like the first meal we're going to have in Korea, minus the Odeng and ddukbokki we had Yeongdeungpo before going through the subway. So we took the subway to Yeouido Station and look for Mr. Pizza. It was right outside of the subway, so it's quite easy for you to find, but it's downstairs, so be careful as well. Since we couldn't eat any meat, we ordered Shrimp Pizza and it's really delicious!

That's actually the only thing we did on our first day because we were dead tired. Like really tired. So after we ate, we just went back to the hostel. Oh yeah, next to our hostel, there's Paris Baguette Cafe, so we went there everyday to buy something for us to eat if we ever get hungry in our room. (Count how many times I wrote 'tired' hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment