Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Korea Trip: Second Day

Hello. I finally decided on posting bout my second day during my Korea Trip. I forgot. (I think so?)

So, on the second day, our destination is in Gyeonggi and not Seoul. The initial plan was to go to Seoul Land but we cancelled it because we thought that it would use a lot of money and so everyone agrees to it. Plus, it's winter, what rides can we take anyway and during our last day, my dad actually told us that a lot of ride was close.

We took the subway (from Yeongdeungpo Market, Line 5) to Seoul Grand Park (which we had to transit by stopping at Dongdaemun Culture and History Park and transfer to Line 4). The first place we were supposed to go was Gwacheon National Science Museum but because it was still close when we arrived, we change our destination to Seoul Park.



We fought when we arrived there, so I didn't get the chance to take a picture after adjusting the light temperature. But it still look nice, right? So we walked towards the ticketing counter and bought the ticket to Elephant train, which is 1,000 Won for each person and stopped at Seoul Park Zoo. You can use the ticket to go ahead to Seoul Land as well actually.


We didn't have Seoul Park Zoo in our itinerary though, but since we've cancelled Seoul Land, we still have a lot of free time to ourselves until the museum open. The thing is, my leg hurts so much from the amount of walking I had during my first day that I don't have any energy on the second day and my shoes make my leg hurts so much as well, so I was really out of mood on that day.



We took pics with... what is it call eh? There...

A lot of the animals are inside since it's winter, so they are kept in a room which smells really bad since it's a closed area. Well, my siblings saw the giraffe as well, which of course reminds them to Kwangsoo. They wanted to see the dolphin as well but there were time for it, and we don't have much time, so we had to pass on that.
We went to eat something at a restaurant there, and since a lot of the meal have meat, we choose to eat the seafood udon only and bought the vitamin water at the convenience store next to the restaurant.


We saw this on our way when we wanted to go the restaurant after looking at the kangaroo. My siblings said it was pretty and beautiful but since my eyes are not really that appreciative about these kind of things, I took a picture using their eyes, from their perspective on what is 'beautiful'.

So after looking around, we finally went to Gwacheon National Science Museum (Admission Fee: 4000 Won - adult). We decided on going to a 'science museum' because it was on Running Man episode four. They had the simulation enter for earthquake and typhoon (?) as well but when we went there, we were pretty much clueless about where are these things.
We just push whatever button there are and we couldn't even enter the typhoon simulation center because it's full of kids and obviously we're not, so we're kind of embarrased to go there hahaha

We bought the ticket to go to the planetarium as well but wow, each of us was dead tired. Even though they told me that they're not, all of us fell asleep during whatever they said. I can speak korean, and can understand it a bit but the explanation was done in full korean, and I just think sleeping is better than trying to figure out the scientific word in Korean. Sorry, I'm not that prepared.

So after the visit to the Science Museum, we took the subway to Itaewon, where there is a mosque there. We went there to pray and of course to find some halal food. When we arrived there, we ask direction from the foreigners there on how to go to the mosque and the road going to the mosque is very high. It's like climbing a hill though not really climbing one. If you're planning on going to the mosque, walk slowly and don't speed walk because we did and my sister almost fainted when she arrived at the mosque. Alhamdulillah, a nice lady there saw my sister and gave her a warm drink for my sister to gain back her energy.

We ate dinner at Muree Restaurant which sells halal korean food. For some reason, even with the heater, the place is really cold, maybe because I was sitting near the door. We didn't do much on this day too so we went back to the hostel after the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment