Friday, May 31, 2013

A new journey

Assalamualaikum

I'm actually now in my off-campus dorm in Gwanak-gu, Seoul.
I arrived here in the morning of 27th of May and stayed at Itaewon with my family (mom, dad, younger brother) until 28th, the day I checked in at my off-campus dorm.

My departure from Malaysia was at 11PM and my sisters went to the airport with us to send me off.
We actually took a lot of pictures but now that I look at it, a lot of the pictures taken by my mom and dad are blury hahaha the children takes better pictures I guess :P



It was also the first time for me to use MAS as the I only use Air Asia before this, so I was a bit 'jakun' when I was on the plane, and the stewardess just smile at our weird questions on the plane. I sat with my brother, so most of the time I bother him and try to force him to watch 'I am a murderer' with me (but failed to do so), a korean thriller movie which doesn't have any subtitle yet on the internet, the more reason why I was so excited on the plane because I've been searching for the subtitles since forever.

When I arrived in Itaewon, we stayed at Hamilton Hotel, and Paris Baguette is next to the hotel, and there's KFC nearby as well, everything was easy there. So I brought my mom around, just sight-seeing even though we didn't get to go to a lot of places. Brought mom to Namsan Tower as well, which she wanted to go to but I couldn't accompany her that much because I was not feeling well that day, so my brother helped my mom more than I did.

So on the 28th, I finally check in at my dorm, at around 6:30pm.

 
So that's a 'tour' to how my room looks like.

On the 29th, I had a placement test at SNU KLEC
So I ride on the bus to the SNU with a friend the dorm lady introduced me to.
She's Li Lin, from China,
and when I arrived at the room to take the placement test, I was informed that they actually divided us according to where we came from and I think I'm the only Malaysian there.

Near me was a girl named Maria, from the US who actually studied in Singapore for a month I think and went to visit Malaysia as well, she went to Batu Caves too.
She asked me my opinion on the recent PRU and I was shocked to know that she knew about it and I shared to her about my view on it. She was my age, but I forgot to take pictures with her. Maybe next time.

I had an interview after the test and the teacher told me that I only got 60% for my level one, so I'm not qualified enough for level 2 but I just sits there silently, not really wanting to enter level 1.
So the teacher told me to buy a book and study on my own a little bit, just to understand some grammar and vocab since I told her which is the part that I couldn't understand, and she told me to go to level 2 starting next week since she also thinks that it's kind of a waste for me to go to level 1.
Alhamdulillah.

It's now 31st of May, so it's been 3 days since I've stayed at my dorm.
Last night I bought the instant rice you saw in the video, and ate it with kurma daging which I brought from Malaysia.
And today, I haven't eaten yet but I guess I either eat maggi or any instant food I brought like kari ayam or anything with the rice.
I also bought some chips at the convenience store.

It is halal, you can check the list of halal food here 

Ok so that is all the update from me here.
InsyaAllah I will keep on updating weekly so that my parents won't be worried about me.

Assalamualaikum

1 comment:

  1. YES~~~ I SAW MY BOOK!!! THANKS FOR BRINGIN IT THERE..HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY IT....^^

    ps: take care...^^ i know you can do it.. fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete