Wednesday, May 28, 2014

366

Assalamualaikum
It's been exactly a year (and a day) since I first arrive in Korea for my study. 
Alhamdulillah I survived. 
Hey Nurul Hashima, you survived!
Nurul Hashima, look at how much you doubted yourself and look at how far you've come!! 

So I was asked,


and my sister was kinda mad about the hate I received, so she ask me this and I replied that

My family and friends know the reason I'm here
They know what I've been through before I decided on coming here to study language.
I was very offended at how someone blindly throw hates to me for going to music shows. They claim that I'm following(chasing) Infinite around. If I've been following them around everywhere, I won't even be going to level 6 right now, I'll be stuck in level 2, repeating it over and over again because I've been doing nothing but following them around. 
F.Y.I, I'm only going to music shows because I'm in my holiday atm and besides transportation fees, I don't have to pay for anything for the music shows. 
And if you're jealous about me getting some attention from the members, besides what I replied above, Alhamdulillah that is also due to my tight grip on my religion (so far). If I haven't been wearing any hijab, I might just be as same as anyone else but I'm special there, very very special in their eyes. This is not the first time koreans give me their attention for my hijab, it happened a lot. 

Yes, I like K-Pop since I was like 11 or 12 but K-Pop does not define my life. Like other things, it is just a hobby of mine and will go away soon, which I won't know when but will eventually fade away.
For a year I've been here in Korea, if I'm really here because of kpop, I would've been to all music shows and would've meet all idols and make them feel amaze about seeing a woman in hijab, but no, last week was the first time I ever went to Mnet, Inkigayo and Music Core (pre-recordings) 
I've been to Show Champion before, but that is also during my holiday, and not when I have classes.
I'm not too fond about sacrificing my education for kpop yet.
Alhamdulillah for that. 

Thirdly, Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah I've survived this far.
If people know how paranoid I am, they'll know that it hasn't been easy for me to get this far.
A year alone in a country though a bit familiar but is still very strange to me
I've experienced summer, fall, winter, and spring, all is wonderful. 

I am so grateful for the chance given to me
I am grateful I get to experience all of this
Getting new friends from all over the world, learning their culture and differences. Making them know and understand my culture and religion more.
Though it's hard, making them see the beauty of Islam as well.

My visa will end on the 18th of August and I'm hoping that before I go back, I'll be able to attend one last concert in Summer 
If I can't, I guess it's just not my luck.
Alhamdulillah for everything :) 

2 comments:

  1. Salam. I have something to ask about your study in korea. But can i add ur kakaotalk first? ^^ thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam. I am very sorry for the late reply. I am not that comfortable with giving my private information but you can always ask me on my ask.fm. I'm ready to answer anything

      Delete